Primary Areas of Responsibility The Executive Director of the Reif must have the ability to provide sound fiscal management for the organization.Although this is a position in the arts, the Board’s focus in reviewing potential candidates will be to find qualified professionals with the skills to manage and grow the Reif as a business.
• Strategic and Goal Oriented Leadership: The Executive Director must be able to implement the Reif’s operational, financial and marketing plans with clearly articulated goals and demonstrate accountability for sound financial and operational management of the organization. Communication with the Board must be timely, accurate and appropriately detailed.
• Financial Planning and Management: The Executive Director must be able prepare short and long term financial plans, produce an annual budget, keep the board informed of all financial issues, actual to budget reporting on a regular basis with explanations for significant variances. It is critical that candidates can meet budgetary expectations while maintaining affordable access to ensure both immediate and long term financial stability.
• Operational Planning and Management: The Executive Director must be able direct day to day operations of the organization in a manner that ensures stability and provide regular reporting to the Board highlighting any problematic operational issues. Candidates must be able to assemble a diverse presenting program that serves all ages and produces break-even or profitable financial results on a net basis.
• Human Resource Management: The Executive Director must be able to establish a clear organizational structure with appropriate employment policies and hire, coach, motivate and retain a qualified and well trained professional staff. Candidates should have experience in creating and nurturing a collaborative culture based on mutual respect, accountability and job performance.
• Development Planning and Management: The Executive Director must be able to promote The Reif effectively both locally and regionally and work with various foundations, businesses and individuals to develop strong and sustainable philanthropic sources of funding.
QUALIFICATIONS • To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a senior management function of a large complex, performing arts facility, cultural organization, or similar entertainment venue.
• Experience in purchasing procedures, and supervising personnel.
• Experience with negotiating with promoters and/or agents in booking events in a broad range of performing arts. Leadership skills to successfully bring together “block booking” collaborations with other presenters.
• Fundraising and development knowledge required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational abilities.
• Ability to work simultaneously with a broad variety of vested interest groups and to foster a cooperative environment with staff, Board of Directors, clients, volunteers, and user groups.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices used in the successful management of entertainment or convention facilities of a similar description.
• Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective action.
• Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the entertainment industry.
• Considerable knowledge of event solicitation and presentation, public relations, advertising and media relations and event planning.
• Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state or local laws and regulations.
• Strong orientation towards hospitality/customer service for the meeting, convention and entertainment industry.
• Basic knowledge of facility operating standards, building maintenance, custodial, personnel and office management.
• Effective supervisory skills. Ability to deal effectively with human resources and personnel problems; to deal constructively with conflict; to motivate, provide counsel and execute applicable solutions.
• Ability to manage a facility of same size and type
• Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in current, updated software and technology.
About The Reif
We are an agency that helps businesses use to help them find, vet and hire qualified candidates to fill their available positions.